15.6.07

16th May

Sitting at the base of ski hill (7740 ft).We left about 10:30 after packing everything away, so only about 30 minutes later than planned. Lots of spindrift had blown into the tracks overnight, so the first part of the walk to the depot was a bugger - the sledges toppling over constantly, hence me naming mine Tony Blair (hangs around at your heels like a poodle, keeps nipping at them and I'll be glad when it's gone)
After collecting our food we were fully loaded and headed for the base of ski hill. A long hard slog to get here, with me going down a crevasse (left leg in up to the goolies) but I got myself out with the help of adrenalin. Crossed one more horribly deep crevasse before the camp appeared over the crest of the hill.
Very lucky to find a superb empty camp so we moved in. The same old routine of melting snow while Murray made the tent good. The sun went behind the hill at 20:45 so it's cold now, have drunk my ration of liquid so one last pee and then time for bed.
Tomorrow is a depot run to the top of ski hill, and return empty for a second night here.

Camp at 7740 ft

No comments: